The Argentina national team and the defending champion the French national team will fight in the 2022 World Cup final, Sunday, December 18 2022, at 22:00 WIB. The Argentina vs France match will be held at the Lusail Iconic Stadium. One more step, Lionel Messi and Argentina will achieve their dream of becoming world champions. One more step, Kylian Mbappe and France will realize their ambition to defend the title as defending champions.
For Messi and Mbappe, who are team-mates at PSG, this is also an arena for sharpness. Currently, with five goals each, they both lead the provisional top scorer list for the 2022 World Cup.
Speaking of strength, Argentina and France can be said to be quite balanced. They both have tough goalkeepers, namely Emiliano Martinez and Hugo Lloris who are very reliable under the rule. In addition to a fairly solid defense, both teams also have dangerous attacks.
In the semifinals, Messi's penalty and two goals from Julian Alvarez brought Argentina to a 3-0 win over 2018 World Cup finalists, Croatia. Meanwhile, even though there was no goal from Mbappe, supported by Antoine Griezmann's impressive performance, France defeated the shock team Morocco 2-0 through Theo Hernandez's quick goal and substitute Randal Kolo Muani's goal in the second half.
In the previous edition, France was not in a hurry to win the ladder. That includes beating Argentina 4-3 in the last 16. This time, France meets Argentina again, but this meeting is far more crucial because the stakes are the World Cup trophy. France wants to win again and win again.
However, when it comes to ambition and motivation, Argentina certainly won't lose. Currently, the spirit of Messi and his colleagues is even very burning. Even though they are facing a tough opponent named France at the last hurdle, they are ready to do everything in their power to break through it.
After successive failures in the finals of the 2014 World Cup, 2015 Copa America and 2016 Copa America Centenario, Argentina did not give up. Under Lionel Scaloni's coaching, supported by a more solid and cohesive team, Argentina won the 2021 Copa America, and that became the first trophy Messi won with the senior Argentine team.
After that, Argentina faced Italy, as Euro 2020 champions, in the 2022 Finalissima. Messi and company won 3-0 and won the championship trophy again. This time, even though they fell over at the start, they have set foot in the 2022 World Cup final. This is Messi's last chance to win the World Cup with Argentina.
For Messi, with the full support of his colleagues, he is only one step away from achieving the perfect ending.
Estimated starting XI
Argentina (4-3-3): Emiliano Martinez; Marcos Acuna, Nicolas Otamendi, Cristian Romero, Nahuel Molina; Alexis Mac Allister, Enzo Fernandez, Rodrigo De Paul; Julian Alvarez, Lionel Messi, Angel Di Maria.
Coach: Lionel Scaloni (Argentina).
Squad info: No absent players.
France (4-2-3-1): Hugo Lloris; Theo Hernandez, Dayot Upamecano, Raphael Varane, Jules Kounde; Adrien Rabiot, Aurelien Tchouameni; Kylian Mbappe, Antoine Griezmann, Ousmane Dembele; Olivier Giroud.
Coach: Didier Deschamps (France).
Squad info: No absent players.
Argentina wins: 6
Argentina goals: 15
France wins: 3
France goals: 11.
Last 5 Meetings
30/06/2018 France 4-3 Argentina (World Cup)
11/02/2009 France 0-2 Argentina (Friendly)
07/02/2007 France 0-1 Argentina (Friendly)
26/03/1986 France 2-0 Argentina (Friendly)
06/06/1978 Argentina 2-1 France (World Cup).
Argentina Last 5 Matches (M-M-M-S-M)
27/11/22 Argentina 2-0 Mexico (World Cup)
01/12/22 Poland 0-2 Argentina (World Cup)
04/12/22 Argentina 2-1 Australia (World Cup)
10/12/22 Netherlands 2-2 Argentina (World Cup)
14/12/22 Argentina 3-0 Croatia (World Cup).
France's Last 5 Matches (M-K-M-M-M)
26/11/22 France 2-1 Denmark (World Cup)
30/11/22 Tunisia 1-0 France (World Cup)
04/12/22 France 3-1 Poland (World Cup)
11/12/22 England 1-2 France (World Cup)
15/12/22 France 2-0 Morocco (World Cup).
Statistics and Score Predictions
- Argentina and France both have two World Cup titles so far. Argentina won it in the 1978 and 1986 editions, while France won it in the 1998 and 2018 editions.
- Argentina won 6 times and only lost 3 times in 12 meetings with France so far (W6 D3 L3).
- The last meeting between Argentina and France was in the last 16 of the 2018 World Cup, which France won 4-3. Argentina's goals were scored by Angel Di Maria, Gabriel Mercado and Sergio Aguero. France's goals were scored by Antoine Griezmann (penalty), Benjamin Pavard and Kylian Mbappe (2).
- Argentina have only lost 1 time in their last 42 matches (W29 D12 L1).
- Argentina has always scored at least 2 goals in 10 of the last 11 matches.
- Argentina has kept 8 clean sheets in its last 11 matches.
- Argentina has always scored at least 2 goals in 7 of the last 8 matches at the World Cup.
- Including penalty shootouts, Argentina has always won in its last 5 matches at the World Cup.
- France has only lost 4 times in its last 32 matches (W20 D8 L4).
- France has always scored at least 2 goals in 13 of their last 19 matches.
- France has only kept 2 clean sheets in its last 12 matches.
- France won 9 of their last 10 matches in the World Cup (W9 D0 L1).
- France has only lost 1 time in its last 13 matches in the World Cup (W11 D1 L1).
- France has always scored at least 2 goals in 8 of the last 10 matches at the World Cup.
- France has only kept 1 clean sheet in its last 7 matches at the World Cup.
Final score prediction: Argentina 2-0 France.
No comments yet
Sign In / Sign Up