In this guide, you will know everything about your Orbi Wifi Extender, including its installation, login, basic configurations, and how the Orbi extender is different from the other Orbi wifi systems.
Steps to install the Orbi Wifi Extender-
- First of all, power on the Orbi extender by connecting it to a wall jack. Then, wait for the Power LED to blink green.
- Now, connect the Orbi extender to the Orbi router. To do so, you can use an ethernet cable or wifi connection.
- Once you have connected both of the devices, open a laptop, computer, or mobile device.
- Then, go to the wifi manager of your device and find the extender’s network. You can identify the extender’s network with the _EXT extension.
- Now, it’s time to run a web browser on your device and then type orbilogin.com in the search bar.
- After that, continue to add your Orbi extenders admin username and password in their respective input fields.
- The admin page for the Orbi extender opens here.
- Now, go to the Networks option and then select the network you want to extend. Next, enter the password for that network.
- Now, create a new SSID name and password to create an extended network for the selected network.
- Connect your device to the extended network using the SSID and password created in the previous step.
- Lastly, check the device link LED on your device to blink green to finalize the installation of the Orbi extender.
Steps to login to the Orbi Extender
Sometimes you need to log in to change the extended network’s network settings, check the connected devices, or extend a new network. Therefore, if you wish to do any of the configurations, you can follow these steps to log in to your Orbi Extender.
To begin with, you first need to connect your laptop, computer, or any other device you use to log in to the extender’s network. So, find the network on your device’s wifi manager and connect to it.
- After that, you can open a web browser. If you use a browser to log in, type orbilogin.com in the browser’s search bar.
- On the admin login page, enter the Orbi extender’s admin username and password.
- Lastly, hit the login button to sign in to your admin account.
Note- In case you want to use the Orbi app to log in to the router. Then, follow these steps to log in to your account.
- Firstly, download the latest version of the Orbi app on your device and then open it.
- On the first window of the app, enter your Netgear username and password and hit the login button.
- Lastly, find the icon for your Netgear extender and click it. However, if you haven’t added your extender to your Netgear account, add it.
Fix the issues-
If you face any troubles while logging into your device, try the following tips to troubleshoot the issue-
- Firstly, check the power LED on your device. If you find it amber or red, disconnect the extender and then reconnect it to a power supply.
- Next, check that the extender is connected to the Orbi router and receiving the signals.
- Then, check your device, which you use to log in, is connected to the extender network.
- If you found no issues with the connections, reload the browser or Orbi app and try again to log in.
- Also, clear the browser cookies and cache memory of the browser.
- Disable the firewall on your device. Also, disable any third-party software on your device.
- If any of these don’t work for you, contact Netgear support to address your concerns and to find the best possible solutions.
Why Orbi Extender is different from the Orbi Wifi systems-
Following are some of the significant differences between the Orbi Extender and systems.
Orbi wifi system is the main router that provides full network coverage to your house so that you can connect your devices on the internet, but on the other hand, the Orbi extender extends an already existing network. You use the extender to avoid issues with the wifi network. For example, if you don’t receive wifi signals in the basement of your house, you can use an extender in the basement to eliminate the issue.
Orbi Wifi systems use Tri-band technology to provide the wifi signals. However, extenders do not use any such kind of technology to provide the wifi excess to you.
Orbi extender is an extension to the already existing network-
You can use more than one extender on a single network. For example, if you have one Orbi wifi system, you can use two or more extenders to provide the network in your entire home.
With this guide, you now know how you can set up and then log in to your Orbi extender device. However, if you need further help, you can always visit Netgear customer support for the best solutions. You can get in touch with them here https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx.