A novel terminology that it seems – Digital fluency, true to its name, assists organizations in building a resilient, accurate, flexible, efficient, and appropriate digital business. The digital fluency model, adopted by businesses worldwide, is helping stakeholders speak and translate the language of technologies in a uniform and optimized manner so that there is augmented agility and robust business output.
This article highlights a digital fluency model, its need, and how it is implemented in organizations to get the best output.
What is Digital Fluency?
Digital Fluency is the digital competence to determine, estimate, and exhaust information and technology successfully and morally. It helps you lessen your investment risks and create a robust organizational performance. It is the standard at which companies can leverage digital technologies and tools for the smooth completion of projects, daily operations, and enhanced client satisfaction.
Digital fluency goes beyond literacy and could differ for different organizations and locations. Hence, the plan of execution will also change based on geographies and other business parameters. It perfectly combines technical expertise, digital literacy, and social capability.
Why Is Digital Fluency A Must?
If you wish to succeed in a digital world, fluency in all digital actions is a must; otherwise, it may lead to unwanted and erratic results, harming the business output in a big way. Organizations must stay articulate in all facets of their daily operations, including software applications, digital initiatives, projects, culture, team management, etc. The bridge between the technical elements and human resources must be lessened to perfect the fusion.
With almost all industry segments and business domains ensuring their presence in the online world, staying fluent digitally is needed to stay secure, optimized, responsible, and successful. It is like a pre-requisite for us all, be it business owners, customers, or stakeholders, to be digitally fluent in all their digital transformation activities.
And how could we achieve digital fluency? It can best be done by implementing a digital fluency model. Let us have a look at what it means.
The Digital Fluency Model – Revolutionizing the Landscape
The digital fluency model assists in mapping out your desired level of fluency for different fundamental blocks of business and extracting a basic set of actions needed to achieve those objectives. This is needed to implant the attributes of a modernized digital business into your organization.
These basic blocks of a digital fluency model contribute to having a sustainable change in your future business. This can be achieved by planning and monitoring different levels of fluency, including:
- Awareness that things must change to become more successful
- Focus on a plan that must be executed to witness the changes
- Execution of a set of practices needed to implement the changes
- Optimization of digital activities, removing all barriers and constraints
- Strengthen the digital fluency model across, garnering uniformity
An Interesting Read: “Digital Fluency” and the new ETS iSkills Assessment
Key Competences of a Digital Fluency Model
The basic digital fluency model encompasses 5 digital competencies:
Frictionless Operating Model
This competency model discusses creating a smooth flow from business strategy to execution. It talks about aligning all involved entities by making the best use of technological processes and being prepared for any risks. It assists in attaining business efficacy by staying concentrated on major activities and trying to achieve maximum returns.
This area of the model focuses on leveraging the platform strategy to make the best of core business competencies. It prepares the architecture to undergo digital fluency changes whenever needed. Businesses can catalyze the reusability of assets and update technologies with the least impact on business workflows.
Experience Design & Product Capability
User experiences are created in this phase, prioritizing the client and employee experience. Modernized digital products are created iteratively by smaller teams to create smaller increments and reach a successful business output. This is sure to increase RoI, offering enhanced customer value.
Intelligence Driven Decision Making
This phase of the model includes optimizing the use of all important data assets. It discusses capturing, storing, and straightforwardly processing organizational data with high-end security. It also includes implementing cutting-edge Machine Learning models to help better decision-making.
Engineering Culture, Delivery Mindset
As one of the key steps in the model, businesses follow the patterns and best practices that can affect the smooth delivery of applications with appropriate business strategies. This helps in smaller chunks of development, testing, and implementation, leading to a more stable, secure, and practical approach to business.
How Businesses Can Attain Digital Fluency?
Here are some of the guidelines or best practices that can be implemented for a digital fluency model:
- Elevating mental thinking skills to grab the opportunities of the modern technology wave
- Understand the intricacies of data and the different business models to see how data and its associated components move from one system to another.
- Choose the tools and technologies in a detailed and perfect manner since it forms the crux of a successful output, and the right selection offers the right path.
- Inculcate soft and technical skills for enhancing the digital value of business. This could include intellectual, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Start with attaining the minimum level of fluency and then move up the level in a systematic way
- An innovative and exponential way of thinking is needed to garner fluency at all levels since thinking out of the box is sure to get results
- Create a wide and expanding network of digitally fluent thinkers and achievers who can keep increasing the network and thereby increase the level of fluency by a great margin
- Set achievable and reasonable goals that align well with the organizational requirements and standards so that the path to digital fluency is well-synchronized and planned
- Create an amicable, competitive, harmonious environment within the organization since that helps motivate everyone to stay at the same level of digital fluency.
- Plan for digital initiatives and investments to stay ahead of the rest. This enables the entire team to stay in sync with the digital fluency activities and ensure that all necessary actions are taken in a well-prepared manner.
As We Wind Up
Digital awareness or digital transformation is not sufficient; digital fluency is needed. Until organizations don’t become digitally fluent, demanding full-proof and highly effective business outputs isn’t possible. Becoming digitally fluent will enhance investment value and encourage a creative task force to develop more business and client relationships.
Atrina, a new-age Digital Transformation Agency, can transform your business with the power of technology to enhance efficiency, drive innovation, and stay ahead in the digital era. Our business-driven technology expertise helps us deliver digital transformation solutions that lend a long-term and intelligent impact on your journey!
If you are ready to embark on your digital transformation journey, contact us today to schedule a consultation or request a quote.
Note: This Post Was First Published on https://atriina.com/blogs/digital-fluency-model/