The adverse effects of the COVID-19 pandemic are widespread and have affected all of the industries. And if you are someone who is hoping to take their clothing business online or looking forward to selling clothes online, you have come to the perfect spot.
With online clothing stores being a multi-billion dollar industry, it is so far the most popular eCommerce niches as of now. And in this guide, we will help you in selling clothes online and making your name in this multi-billion dollar industry.
Let us hop onto it!
How to sell clothes online
A successful online clothing store replies upon the niche you pick, the branding efforts you put in, the quality of your website and your products, the ease of checkout, your after-sales services and a lot more things.
And one thing you must keep in mind is that just because a niche is popular does not mean that you are going to be a big-shot in that too. You need to make sure that your products are different from what everyone else is selling.
In this guide, we will take you through the multiple steps involved in selling clothes online. Starting with:
Step 1: Pick a clothing niche
When it comes to clothing, pick a specific niche that reflects you and your interests instead of making it your mission to sell your clothes across all demographics.
A few points you must keep in mind while picking a niche are:
- Be Unique: There are plenty of online clothing businesses, and if you want to create a name for yourself, make sure that your collection differs from the rest of the brands.
- Pick a niche that you are great at: Your online clothing store should reflect your style and taste that stands out from others.
- Ensure your niche helps make profits: Now that you have picked your place, make a unique value proposition that helps accelerate your growth and profits.
Step 2: Determine your business plan
A well-planned business plan is a necessity for running any business. Your online clothes business plan must include specifics such as:
- An executive summary
- A company description
- A market analysis
- A competitive analysis
- A marketing plan
- Financial projects
- Business model (Print on Demand, Custom Cut and Sew, Private Label Clothing, Dropshipping)
Step 3: Pick your eCommerce platform
An eCommerce platform is a must-have when you plan on selling clothes online. There are thousands of eCommerce platforms that you can pick from that can help you support your online clothing store.
However, before finalising an eCommerce platform, here are some things you must take into consideration:
- How do I wish to run my business?
- How much technical knowledge will I have to build and run my website?
- What kind of features would I need? Will the eCommerce platform I opt for provide me with features like email marketing, social media marketing, analytics, SEO and so on?
- How much money would I spend to run an eCommerce clothing business?
With many eCommerce platforms to pick from, it might get a bit too overwhelming. However, we recommend opting for Fynd Platform when choosing a platform to run your online clothing store.
Fynd Platform has everything you could need to run a successful eCommerce business. Their luxurious features help in making your job a lot more seamless, and making a website on the Fynd Platform does not require coding.
Step 4: Pick a domain name
Domain name plays a vital role as it also aligns with your brand’s reputation and products. Some tips while settling down on a brand name are:
- Pick a domain name that is logical, easy to remember and access.
- Avoid names that are hard to spell.
- Pick a scalable domain name.
- Make sure it is as unique as your products are.
Step 5: Select a template and customise your store
Most eCommerce platforms, including Fynd Platform, come with different templates you can customise per your needs.
You can pick from hundreds of templates and create a stunning online clothing store in a couple of minutes.
Step 6: List your products online
Now that the basics of your website are taken care of, your products are ready to be listed for sale. You must keep in mind that the display of your products and the product description also affect your sales.
A poor-quality product description can harm SEO. Make sure you use high-quality language that gives your customers a vivid picture of the kind of product you are selling.
Your product display also plays a pivotal role in affecting your sales. Your product images should describe how your product looks from multiple angles so that the buyers know what they are buying.
Step 7: Checkout
The checkout process is imperative for making money, as you need your clients to finish the transactions. Your checkout process needs to be very simple and secure.
A couple of tips you must imply to create a seamless checkout process are:
- Include guest checkout
- Accept auto-filled details for the checkout process
- Accept multiple forms of payments
- Include one-click checkout
Step 8: Marketing your clothing store
You will need customers now that you have everything in place about your online clothing store. How will you do so?
The best way to get customers for an online clothing store is by applying top-notch marketing skills.
A couple of fool-proof marketing techniques you can implement are:
- Email marketing
- Social media marketing
- Content marketing
And with these eight steps, you are all set to run a successful eCommerce clothing store.
While you are already aware that running any business is a huge gamble and pretty time-consuming as well but worth investing your time, efforts and money into. Moreover, when your online clothing business is backed by solid and reliable platforms like Fynd Platform, you are in for a treat.
Meta description: If you are confused where to begin with when it comes to selling clothes online, you have come to the perfect spot. In this guide, we will talk about how to sell clothes online.