As the most recent version of its accounting software, QuickBooks releases new and improved features every year. QuickBooks software's performance is improved and bugs that were found in earlier versions are fixed thanks to these updates. When you upgrade your QuickBooks software to the most recent version, you will ensure the productivity of your business at no additional cost to you.
Continue reading if you want to learn how to upgrade to the most recent version of QuickBooks version 2023, so that you can access all the product enhancements, like the dispatch of payment statements, and the most recent features, such as customized payment receipts.
Benefits of Upgrading to QuickBooks 2023
There are four immediate advantages to upgrading to QuickBooks 2022 for your business.
These are them:
- Using the most recent version of QuickBooks will guarantee error-free user knowledge.
- It promises improved data security.
- Your invoice status can be monitored in real-time.
- It aids in the resolution of security flaws and bugs.
How to Determine if Your QuickBooks Desktop Software Is Up to Date
Prior to Performing an Upgrade, You Need to Determine Whether Your Software Is Up to Date.
To accomplish that, here are a few specific actions you can take:
- Navigate to the QuickBooks Desktop.
- To open the Product Information window, press F2 (or Ctrl+1)
- Check your most recent release and version.
- Verify the available QuickBooks release.
How to Upgrade QuickBooks Desktop Version 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, to 2023
There are a number of ways to upgrade QuickBooks Desktop to the most recent version. Follow the steps below regardless of your software's version.
Step One: Make a Backup of the Current Version
Prior to updating your QuickBooks Desktop company file, you must prepare a backup file of the current version you are using. In the event of a technical issue, you will be able to guarantee the safety of your data in this manner.
Method for making a backup for the company:
- Open the most recent version of the application, QuickBooks 2021. Use Admin user access to access the company file.
- Then, select the Record menu at the upper left of the tab.
- With your cursor, select the Backup Company option.
- Select the Create Local Backup option as depicted below once you have entered the Backup Company tab.
- The Create Backup window will appear.
- You will have the option to select a location to store the backup of your company's files.
- Click the Next button after selecting the Backup Storage option of your choice.
- Within the Create Backup window, click the Options button to make any additional adjustments to your current backup settings.
- The app will then begin preparing your backup.
- Close the window when the backup is saved.
Second Action: Upgrade QuickBooks Desktop from 2022 to 2023
Upgrading QuickBooks Accounting Company File from 2022 to 2023 When you open your business for the first time in the more recent version of QuickBooks, 2023, you are prompted to upgrade the file to the most recent version.
Please be aware that when the application is upgraded to version 2023, your company file will not work with the original version. Before you upgrade your application to the 2023 version, make sure that all users log out of the company you want to upgrade to.
Follow the steps below to upgrade:
- On your desktop, launch the program 2023 version.
- Click the Open or Restore Company button from the File menu in the top left corner of the edition if you do not already have a company file open.
- Choose the option to open a company file. Click the Next button after that.
- Select Restore a backup copy if you have a backup company file (QBB) rather than a company file (QBW).
- Select the Local backup option now.
- After that, a window will open, and the company file will be searched on your computer.
- To open the file for upgrading, locate it by clicking on it and selecting it by clicking Open from the window.
- To begin upgrading your company file, select the Update Now option located to the right of the update window's bottom.
- The upgrade process will then begin, and the window will show a progress bar.
- You will be prompted with a window after the update has been successfully completed.
- To conclude the upgrade, click the Done button.
If you upgrade QuickBooks Desktop to the most recent version (2023), you will have access to all of the new features, including the ability to customize payment receipts and have payment statements sent to you automatically. Hosting QuickBooks Desktop can effectively streamline your accounting processes, accelerating business expansion. You will undoubtedly have global access to the most reputable accounting tool that is quick, simple, and reliable.
Question 1: Should I Uninstall QuickBooks Before Upgrading?
Ans: Rather than overwriting the current version of QuickBooks, it is best to install the upgrade in a different location. Users must first clean their systems before updating their software in order to upgrade their current version of QuickBooks. Clearing or getting rid of unwanted files and caches is part of the cleaning process, which helps get rid of data corruption.
Question 2: Is QuickBooks upgrade free? How much does it cost to upgrade QuickBooks?
Ans: QuickBooks can be upgraded for free. Users receive an explanation for the update as soon as it is released. To install the upgrades, you must open QuickBooks, click "Update," and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Question 3: How long does a QuickBooks upgrade take?
Ans: A QuickBooks upgrade only takes a few minutes to complete. Simply put, the upgrade may take between 25 and 30 minutes if there are no errors or malfunctions during the process.
No comments yet
Sign In / Sign Up