Solidworks Software takes you on a path of innovation. Millions of users around the world, use this software application. Indeed, it has proven to be a market leader in 3D mechanical design and engineering. You can design and develop complex structures. Also, it helps you with the subpart assembly designs. That too quickly and efficiently with this easy-to-use software. SolidWorks Designers use the software to develop visual models of their products. Further, helping clients by offering a visual of the final deliverable in 3D. This application is most commonly in use for 3DCAD, Visualization, Product data management, Simulation, and rendering purposes.
Responsibilities of Solidworks Designer
They generally work with engineers, product designers, and architects to gather specifications about the design modification. Further, their responsibilities can be as such;
- Creating models, visual representations, or blueprints based on the required needs of current mechanical designs.
- Monitoring design reviews for existing assemblies with other relevant departments.
- Responsible for providing and maintaining documentation regarding the fabrication
- Works well with continuous Design Improvement based on the requirements
- Works great with the new development of product designs
- Technical Documentation Content can easily be maintained and organized.
- Maintaining and Updating existing CAD Library
Some benefits of this software
- Safety: Customer can control access to the software. Additionally, a transparent cloud backup and Encrypted communication protocols. With this add-on feature, Data is always safe with no overwrite and no loss of data.
- Social: You can collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
- Connected: Every user is always connected to a single, common database. Further promoting Access to data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Also, review and markup models enhance their features
- Informed: Choose from the widget library, and create and share Dashboards according to your needs. Though you can always have access to your latest data.
- Structured: Zero overhead data management – store and manage data across collaborative spaces, and share information in communities. Additionally, find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.
To be a good SolidWorks Designer, you’ll need to excel at using the SolidWorks software. Through the medium of the Solidworks Online Course, you can learn its workflow in a structured manner. However, some other technical skills include knowledge of 3D models, design tables, assemblies, and technical drawings. Some other skills can be as such;
- Well adept to create parts, designing tables, assemblies, and drawings in SolidWorks
- Proficient in the workflow of AutoCAD creating 2D drawings.
- Knows the systematic working of sheet metal design
- You must know to look for details and handle multiple ongoing projects together.
- You must know how to balance both hemispheres. You need to have the necessary skills to communicate with sales, engineers, and outside customers to know their requirements.
- Familiarity with engineering processes, revisions, ECR, change orders, and engineering departments
- Hands-on training with MS Office and Adobe
Now coming to soft skills;
- Curious to learn new advances and creative with sharp analytical skills.
- An efficient SolidWorks Designer is focused and thorough in their work and has a strong sense of team and collaboration.
Some prior requisites that can be helpful are;
- A degree in an engineering-related field such as CAD, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, etc.
- A certification in Solidworks. You can achieve this certification at SolidWorks Training Institute in Delhi
- However, a certification can help you with a descriptive learning approach to this software.
Even a career in Freelancing can benefit you.
To work as a freelancer SolidWorks expert, you require to have a solid portfolio and vast experience in this field. Work as a junior with some experts to learn its methodology.
While working on 3D modeling and manufacturing, SolidWorks is overall an excellent choice. By SolidWorks 3D you take full advantage of realistic details, thereby making your processes and production more efficient. Also, Solidworks frequently releases a new version of its software with amazing enhancements. Moreover, this gives a message that this Software is continuously on the road to development with new features. Hence a career in this profile will be beneficial. Also, there are not many professionals, who acquire professional training. So, with an add-on certification, you will stand out from the crowd.