Installation errors are common on Windows operating system and QuickBooks also encounters some if the supporting components are not functioning properly. Unfortunately, installation errors are the most distressing errors as they need complex troubleshooting for a fix. One such installation error is QuickBooks Exeadapter error 61686. In this article we will be discussing the troubleshooting procedure to fix Exeadapter error while installing QuickBooks Desktop on Windows computers. Keep reading the article until the end for complete info.
If you are new to QuickBooks or not familiar with Windows troubleshooting, then you can call QuickBooks troubleshooting experts at 1-855-856-0042 for help and assistance resolving the Exeadapter installation error in QuickBooks
A Quick Description of Exeadapter Error in QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks requires several additional Windows components for installation and to perform its functions. One such component is .NET Framework which if got damaged can cause numerous errors in the application. If you get QuickBooks Exeadapter error, then you might notice one of the following error messages on your screen.
The installer encountered an error when running “C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Premier\QBooks” /quiet /norestart INSTALLDIR=”C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2011″ QB LICENSENUM=####-####-####-###
Location: “C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Premier\QBooks\windowsinstaller-kb93803.exe ” EXEAdapter Error: InstallExe method received the system error from CreateProCess , command – “C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Premier\QBooks\windowsinstaller-kb93803.exe” /quiet /norestart INSTALLDIR=”C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2011″ QB LICENSENUM=####-####-####-###
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks connection has been lost
Detailed Solution to Resolve QuickBooks Install Error Exeadapter
Solution 1: If QuickBooks Desktop is being Installed using the Downloaded Installer File
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard to bring up the Run command box.
- Type %temp% in the text box and press Enter or click OK.
- Look for the file named Framework.xml inside the QBook folder.
- Right-click the file and select Rename.
- Add .OLD at the end of the file name and try to install QuickBooks once again.
Also read this blog: How to resolve QuickBooks error 15311
Solution 2: If QuickBooks is being Installed using a CD
- Insert the CD in the CD drive and go to Windows File Explorer.
- Right-click the CD Drive and click Explore.
- Press Ctrl + A to select all the files and then press Ctrl + C to copy files.
- Go to your Desktop and create a new folder name QuickBooks and paste the copied files inside it.
- Right-click the Framework.xml file inside the QBook folder and select Rename.
- Add .OLD at the end of the file name and try running the setup file once again.
Following the above mentioned procedure you can definitely resolve QuickBooks Exeadapter Error 61686. In case, if the error persists and you feel the need of an expert to resolve the error for you, then dial 1-855-856-0042 and get in touch with certified QuickBooks Desktop experts for immediate help and assistance.
Also read: QuickBooks black and white screen: Resolved with this guide!
Source code: https://24bookkeepingserices.wordpress.com/2020/11/12/quickbooks-exeadapter-error-61686-causes-and-how-to-fix-it/
No comments yet
Sign In / Sign Up