Robinhood: How do I register?
- Register for an account
Go to https://www.robinhood.com from a browser on your computer to get started.
- Click "Get started."
- The following information will be required. To avoid any problems, make sure you provide accurate and current information.
- We'll need proof to confirm legal full name
- Use an email address that you have access to
- Password: Write it down and keep it safe
- Click the "Create an account" button.
- Robinhood will send you email verification to your registered email address.
- Verify your email
- In the email that com sent you, select "Verify Email address".
- You can return to Robinhood.com by clicking the link in your email.
- To complete the email verification process, you will need to sign in again using the email address and password that you have just used.
- Verify your number
- Register to Robinhood. When you sign in, you'll be asked to enter a telephone number.
- Choose your country.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Click "Send Code".
- Enter the seven-digit code Robinhood that was sent to your number via text message.
- Click on Submit.
Congratulations, your registration was successful
Login to Robinhood [(APP)]
To log in, open the Robinhood app you have downloaded.
Log in to the Log In page and enter your email address, password and username that you have provided during registration. Click the " Robinhood Sign in" button
Next, enter the verification code on your device.
Once you have entered the correct verification code, your Robinhood account can be used to trade successfully
Access to email lost
How to get account access back
We have a few steps that will help you gain access to your Robinhood account if you lose the email address you used for creating it.
These are the things you need to know before you can start:
- Your password for Robinhood
- Get access to your 2-step verification procedure
- Access to your Robinhood account's verified phone number
Get back access to your account
To update your email address, first go to the account page. Next, follow these steps (you will need 2-step verification to make these steps work).
- Use your old email address and password to sign in
- Enter your 2-step verification code
- When prompted to verify your device, select I don't have access anymore to my email address
- We will send an email to your account with your new email address.
- Click the blue button to confirm your new email address.
- As you would normally, enter your 2-step verification code
- Choose your ID type
Attention US customers: We only accept valid driver’s licenses from the state of Washington at this time
You don't have 2-step verification, or you only have SMS text
Robinhood Support will need to be contacted to gain access to your account. Scroll to the bottom and select Contact us.
When is this process over?
The average account recovery takes 48 hours, but it can take longer. You should be able login to your Robinhood account within 24 hours to complete purchases and sells. You should be able to trade again within 48 hours. Sends on your account will be disabled until you have completed the security period. This is to protect your security. Robinhood login before the security period expires to receive a pop-up message advising you that sends have been temporarily disabled.
It is not possible to change your email address if you cannot access your phone number or your account doesn't have 2-step verification enabled. If this is the case, please contact Robinhood Support.
Reset my password
I can’t remember my password
These steps will help you reset your password if you have forgotten it.
- Go to the Login page and click "Forgot Password?"
- To receive an email, enter the email address that is associated with your Robinhood account.
- To reset your password, open the email and click Reset password. For assistance if you have any problems, please refer to the next section.
- Next, enter your new password into the Choose A Password or Confirm Password fields. Finally, select UPDATE PPASSWORD.
- Now you can sign in using your new password
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the problem with my password reset?
Robinhood has a variety of security measures in place to protect our customers' accounts. These include strong passwords, two factor authentication, and device verification.
We take all precautions to verify that a customer is legitimately requesting a password reset. Our customers can only reset their passwords using devices that they have verified or logged into from previously. This protects you from being hacked to reset your password.
You can reset your password if you have trouble.
- To access Robinhood, reset it using a device that you have used before.
- You can reset it using an IP address that you have previously used to access Robinhood.
You can't send crypto to your account until you have reset your password using a new device as a security precaution. Request a password reset using a previously authorized device to avoid this send restriction.
Robinhood Support can assist you with a password change if you don't have access to an IP address or device previously validated.
Robinhood Support will never ask for your account passwords or 2-step verification codes.
Why does it take 24 hours for my password reset to be completed?
Robinhood will only process password reset requests from devices that are authorized to access your account. Our system may delay processing for up to 24 hours if you're trying to reset your password using a new device. This is in order to protect your account. You can bypass this by entering your password again from a previously validated device.
Please note: Logging in to your Robinhood account from another device that you have not authorized is not possible. Every attempt to log in again resets the clock, prolonging the delay.