Nowadays, millions of people use the Netgear Orbi to get high-speed internet. But, somehow people face issues between the Netgear Orbi connection and service due to the old version of the firmware. So, we recommend you update the firmware of Netgear Orbi from time to time whenever a new version is available. Although the firmware update of the Netgear Orbi router and satellite is set at the auto-update time, due to some issues it’s not working.
However, if you don’t know about the Netgear Orbi firmware updates, you don’t need to worry anymore. Here, we will tell you about the Netgear Orbi firmware through Orbi admin login and why people face the firmware update failure issue. You just need to read this post carefully and follow the steps mentioned.
First, we tell you about the firmware because some people are unaware of Netgear Orbi firmware updates and become the victim of many problems. So, read the next section properly to know about the firmware update.
What is Firmware?
For your information firmware is the software which enhances the productivity of the device. With the assistance of firmware updates, Netgear Orbi stays away from bugs and issues. Firmware update automatically removes small issues from the device and also warns the devices about errors. Firmware also makes the device competitive because new features get added to the device.. Thus, you need to keep the firmware updated on time.
Hope, you understand now about the firmware and keep the firmware updated on time to avoid the error from the Netgear Orbi. Now, we want to tell you about the reasons for firmware update issues.
Reasons Behind Firmware Update Issue
There are numerous reasons why you face the issue with the Netgear Orbi firmware update. All the reasons will be mentioned below. You just need to go through them properly.
- The first and foremost reason is a weak internet connection.
- Maybe you placed your Netgear Orbi router and satellite out of range.
- You missed the steps during a firmware update.
Thus, these are the reasons behind the firmware update failure. But, the good news is that we have a solution for you on how you can troubleshoot this issue. You just need to move on to the next paragraph where we explain the troubleshooting tips.
[Solution] Firmware Update Failure Issue
Follow the tips that are outlined below to tackle this issue:
Restart Your Netgear Orbi Router
If you face issues during the process of Netgear Orbi firmware update then you should reboot your router because sometimes due to technical glitches, the router does not provide stable internet. To restart your router you need to perform some outlined steps:
- First, you need to disconnect your router from the host modem.
- Then, remove the Netgear Orbi router from the wall outlet.
- You need to give some recovery time to the router.
- Thereafter, you need to put the router back into the power socket.
- Don’t forget to press the power button of the router.
Hence, these are the steps that you need to perform to restart your router. Now, you should check whether your firmware is getting updated or not. If not, then don’t worry, perform the next hack.
Update the Firmware Manually
If you still face the Orbi firmware check error on your screen then perform the firmware update process through the manual method. In this method, you need to do Orbi admin login using a web address. Below we have mentioned the steps:
- Switch on the computer or laptop.
- Put the default web address of your Netgear Orbi router into the address bar.
- Thereafter you need to log into the router login page.
- Now, you need to click on the firmware update button to download the firmware.
- Once it gets downloaded you need to install it successfully on your devices.
- Press on the Save button and Apply button.
Hope you liked the post and enjoyed the reading, and were able to get the firmware updated on your Netgear Orbi. Now, you can enjoy the outstanding services from the router after the firmware update.