QuickBooks software is utilized by a variety of companies around the globe and has proven its value at times. QuickBooks gives its users an array of functions that help businesses to manage their data. QuickBooks additionally allows users to conduct banking transactions like invoices, payrolls, and so on. However, at times the QuickBooks user might encounter issues when connecting to a banking website. QuickBooks Error 108 is one of the most common banking errors. QuickBooks error 108 can occur when you're trying to make use of your credit or debit card using QuickBooks when a message pops up at the top of your screen. The prompt may include messages that refer to maintenance, new offers, etc. If you get the prompt, you'll be prompted to take actions that will interrupt the task you had been doing. The prompts may prevent the process of adding debit or credit cards into QuickBooks. QuickBooks software. There are a variety of reasons to encounter QuickBooks error 108 that we've further discussed in our article.
The QuickBooks 108 error is among the most frequently encountered technical errors that people face when working with the QuickBooks software. The reason for this is entering the wrong information about the bank account and a weak internet connection.
If you've come across this error in QuickBooks also, then it is essential to identify the cause of the error and fix the error as quickly as you can. If you do not have a clue on how to solve QuickBooks error 108 we're here to give you how to fix it step by step. Let's begin!
This article will provide information more about QuickBooks Online error code 108, in a brief manner, and the reasons that trigger this error within your QuickBooks software. In order to fix the issue there are several methods listed below:
Error 108 in QuickBooks Explained
QuickBooks Online Error 108 is caused by a glitch on your bank's side particularly when your banking website doesn't recognize the credentials you input. While it is normal to experience technical glitches on the server of your bank but you may also experience other issues like the absence of cookies, issues with .msi files as well as other issues.
- There are also problems if you're not connected to a reliable internet connection. In the end, you are unable to connect to your bank account transactions or get to the server in time.
- If you notice QuickBooks Online error code 108 appearing on your screen, act immediately prior to it getting more severe. Before you take action you must be aware of the reason that caused QuickBooks to display this error. We'll explore this in greater depth.
Read more: QuickBooks error 3371
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 108?
There are numerous reasons that can cause the error code 108 that appears in QuickBooks. Some of them are described below:
- If you're adding wrong login credentials for your bank account, you could get a pop-up displaying QuickBooks 108 error.
- Because of the weak Internet connection or the slow speed, it is possible to have problems connecting to the bank server. This is why you get error 108 in QuickBooks.
- When you take out the QuickBooks downloads of transactions you could also encounter unexpected errors.
- If you use an incompatible version of QuickBooks can cause conflict.
- The reasons mentioned above could be the reason why you aren't able to sign into your account at the bank. However, regardless of QuickBooks error 108, you'll always have the solution you need to continue. Keep reading to discover solutions to troubleshooting.
Read more: QuickBooks Error 1712
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 108?
If you're constantly confronted with errors 108 and 108 within QuickBooks, you must immediately take action as it will be impossible to access the bank's website. This means that you won't be able to verify the transactions and other inquiries related to your bank account.
So, we're providing a solution that will quickly eliminate the problem. Try to disable the pop-up blocker, sign into the bank account, verify for firewall configurations, use the system file checker, and then install new software updates for your system, if they are available.
We will begin with the basic concepts. We will then shift to different methods If you believe that the techniques you're using aren't helping. We will explain the various methods we have listed with an easy step-by-step guide.
Method 1: Turn Off the Pop-up Blocker
The most basic method is to turn off the pop-up blocker on the Windows computer. Additionally, you'll be required to manage internet browsers, antivirus software, cookies and caches as well as others. To accomplish this it is possible to follow the steps below:
- In the "Internet Options" window, ensure that you check the "Turn on Pop-up Blocker" option is checked off.
- You should check your antivirus software to see if it has been pre-installed with pop-up blockers.
- After that, remove all caches and cookies off the web browser.
- After that, close all browsers currently running on your computer.
- Use on the "Ctrl" key in order to log into the bank's website.
Read more: QuickBooks Error 6123
After you have finished addressing and clearing out all notifications and alerts, you're able to login to your bank account with the proper user name and password. If you encounter difficulties when you log in, you can proceed to the next step to resolve QuickBooks the error 108.
Method 2: Enable the Pop-up Blocker in Your Bank Account
If you choose this method you must go to the banking website and log into your account with your correct password and username. Then, you are able to disable the pop-up blocking feature. For a better understanding, read through the following directions:
- Go to your bank's website and sign into.
- Find"KB details "KB details" that must be located within the downloaded transaction.
- Hold down your "Ctrl" key in order to turn on and activate your pop-up blocker.
- Following these steps, you'll be ready to look for QuickBooks Online error 108. It should be resolved by right now. If not, then you need to review the firewall settings on your computer.
You may read also: QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Method 3: Check Windows Firewall Settings
Sometimes, the firewall built into of your system could hinder access to your QuickBooks company's data. In this situation, you should make sure that the firewall is not able to cause any conflicts for QuickBooks functions. This is why it's essential to verify the settings of the firewall.
- You must login to your computer via administrator privileges.
- If you find that your QuickBooks version isn't current, you need to upgrade it. Also, ensure that your version is compatible with the software you use.
- Make sure that your firewall settings don't block access to QB company files.
- It is also recommended to examine the security settings on your internet and set them up correctly.
- There are several ways to examine the settings and adjust the settings accordingly. Then, you can determine for an error in QuickBooks 108. QuickBooks 108 error.
Method 4: Use System File Checker
If the methods above are not working, then there could be a problem in the Windows operating system. In this case you will need to start the checker for system files.
This is done through this Command Prompt window. This process will scan your computer and repair problems that affect the performance of your computer. To better understand, read through the steps outlined below:
- Go to"Start" "Start" menu.
- Enter "Command Prompt" in the search bar, and then open it once it is in the search results.
- Utilize to press the "Ctrl + Shift" key and press"Enter" or the "Enter" key.
- If you are presented with a dialog box that asks for permission, select on the "Yes" option.
- Inside the "Command Prompt" window, enter "SFC/ scannow".
- Hit on the "Enter" key.
Read more: quickbooks not updating bank transactions
After you have completed these steps, follow the directions on your screen to complete the procedure. It will begin to scan your computer and correct the error 108 within QuickBooks Error Full Information Call Now 1-888-704-1357.