QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online are two variants of QuickBooks provided by Intuit to meet the demands of different users. Although both the variants have its specialties but many users prefer one over another. QuickBooks Desktop uses your system’s RAM and space, but QuickBooks Online works with the cloud space. Also, the subscription price for QB Online is less as compared to QB Desktop. These are the reasons many users want to Import QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online.
In this blog, we will try to understand the basic difference between QB Desktop and QB Online. Moreover, we will briefly understand the methods to Import QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online. Therefore, users are requested to pay full attention to the blog. This will help you in importing QB Desktop to QB Online. Yet, if you face any issue while understanding and executing the below-mentioned methods, you can talk to our QB experts at our TFN (1-855-856-0042).
Difference Between QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop
|Parameters||QuickBooks Online||QuickBooks Desktop|
|Ease of Use||Good||Poor|
|Best Compatibility||Small to large businesses that need easy accounting software with strong features.||Businesses with complex accounting need and want locally-installed software.|
There are several other differences between QB online and QB Desktop. Parameters such as customer support and integration also matter when you are going to choose one of them.
Recommended To Read: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6144 82
Benefits of Converting QB Desktop to QB Online
- One of the main benefits of converting QB Desktop to QBO is that you don’t need to pay for it. Intuit does not charge any amount for this conversion.
- Another benefit is that you can easily compare reports from the current year to the previous year.
Steps to Import QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online
- Check the Import Criteria in the first step.
- In the second step, Check if your QuickBooks Desktop Data Favors the Export.
- Make a New QuickBooks Online Account.
- Open that QB Desktop from which you are converting it.
- Search “Export Company File to QuickBooks Online” Option and Get it done.
- Now Again, Sign-in to your QBO account.
- Choose if you want to Bring Over Inventory or Not.
- Select your QuickBooks Online Company or Create a New One.
- Copy QB Desktop Data File.
- In the end, Complete the Setup Process.
Also read this blog: Explained: Benefits of QuickBooks Assisted Payroll Service
In this blog, we talked about QB Desktop and QB Online. Further, we illustrated the steps to import QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online. If you still find any issue in importing QB Desktop to QB Online, call our QB expert at our TFN (1-855-856-0042).
No comments yet
Sign In / Sign Up