QuickBooks experiences a common set of issues that arise, particularly when the user is trying to open their company file. These are known as the 6000 series of errors, and QuickBooks Error 6073 and 99001 are a part of it. This error displays a warning message saying, “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file, and it may have been opened by another user,” It is obvious that the issue is triggered when any other workstation attempts to open the data file in the single-user mode so, it is essential that the multi-user hosting settings are appropriately configured, or else it might lead to the occurrence of such an error. To learn more about QB error 6073, follow this article to the end.
If you are unable to follow the steps, you can reach us at +1-855-738-0359 to get help from our support team.
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6073
In this section, you will find some standard ways to recognize error 6073 in QuickBooks.
- The application will not respond to user requests actively, and the windows screen may become greyed out or will reflect a glitch on it.
- The system may also shut down suddenly without any prior indications and stay frozen even after rebooting.
- The user might face problems in switching windows between different applications.
- You cannot update or uninstall QB Desktop, a common symptom of the error.
Solutions to Rectify QuickBooks Error 6073 and 99001 Quickly
Here we have mentioned some of the most effective ways that will help you to eliminate the error.
Solution 1: Switch to the Multi-User Mode
You need to switch manually to Multi-user mode if you are trying to open your Company file in a single-user mode on a different workstation while your company file is already accessed on one workstation:-
- Quit QBD in all the systems and open your company file on the Host Computer.
- Tap on the File menu, click on Switch to Multi-user mode and attempt to access your computer file on a different system.
- Reboot all workstations if the error still continues.
Quickbooks 2023, Error Code -6210, 0
Solution 2: Open the Company File in Multi-User Mode
After enabling the Multi-User mode on the server computer, it is important o test if you can launch the file on the server.
- Access the company file on the host computer, and under the File tab, click Close Company.
- Launch the company file again, and from under the File tab, press Open or Restore Company and move to the next step.
- Tap on Open a company file, click Next, and hit Open file in multi-user mode.
- Lastly, press Open, and you are done with this troubleshooting process.
Solution3: Permit Full Control of Your Company file
QuickBooks errors 6073 and 99001 can arise if your company file is located in a read-only network folder and you are trying to make modifications to it.
- Access your Host computer and locate the folder containing your company file.
- Right-click on that folder, select Properties, and tap on the Security tab.
- Choose the user having issues in login, click on Edit and checkmark Allow for Full Control.
- Hit Apply, press OK, and check if the issue is resolved.
QuickBooks Errors 6073 and 99001 can be time-consuming to resolve, but with the help of this article, you can eliminate it permanently. If the error still exists, you can contact us at +1-855-738-0359 to get immediate assistance from our technical team.
Read More :- QuickBooks Error Code 6000 1074
No comments yet
Sign In / Sign Up