To say goodbye to the activation banner, you'll need to activate Windows 10. If you're using the Pro or Enterprise versions of Windows 10, you'll be able to take advantage of the additional security benefits and capabilities by activating them. Regular users may not be asked to activate their Windows 10 because the standard edition is currently free. However, for paying customers who use different versions of Windows, activating the operating system is one of the first things they need to do. Here's how to do it.
Methods to Activate Windows 10
You can activate your Windows OS in one of two ways, depending on the Windows version you're running. Either the Digital License or the 25-character product key can be used. Both of these are viable options.
- Digital License: When you activate Windows 10 using a Digital Windows 10 License, you will not be asked for a product key. Once you buy the OS, the licence will be issued to your Microsoft account.
- Product Key: Windows 10 Product Key is a 25-character text that you must enter during the installation process or later when you need to activate Windows 10.
Activate Windows 10 using a Digital License
The activation using the Digital License is quite easy. The license will be linked with your Microsoft account. You can The activation of the Digital License is rather simple. Your Microsoft account will be linked to the licence. Simply sign in to the device where you wish to activate Windows 10 with your Microsoft account. However, depending on the situation, the mode of activation may change. In most cases, the email address you use to purchase or update the OS will also be the account where your Microsoft Digital License is stored.
How to Use a Product Key to Activate Windows 10
- To begin, click the Start button.
- Tap the Settings icon (Gear icon).
- Choose Update & Security from the drop-down menu.
- Then navigate to Activation.
You can then enter your activation credentials and get the product activated.
You may also go straight to the settings where you may activate Windows 10 by accessing this page and clicking the Open Activation in the Settings tab.
No comments yet
Sign In / Sign Up