The Exchange 2019 is the latest version and has come up with some advanced features to further the smooth business workflow. Moreover, the support for older versions of Exchange is coming to end one by one. Therefore users can face a few bugs and security issues in the older versions, including 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc.
Down to this row, users are looking to perform Exchange 2013 to 2019 migration to the newer version. But the Exchange migration is not easy, and users need to perform the complicated and technical steps for the task.
Additionally, for the migration from Exchange 2013 to 2019, users first need to make intermediary migration to Exchange 2016.
Conversely, users can avoid these indirect migrations by means of an automated Shoviv Exchange Migration tool. It makes the process effortless by more than half with its simple GUI and saves users from fulfilling the prior prerequisites for the migration.
Why Automated Tools must be Used to Migrate Exchange 2013 to 2019?
- The manual method is way too complex to perform and absolutely not recommended for novices.
- Saves users from making intermediary migrations to Exchange 2016 to finalize the migration to 2019.
- This method takes a lot of time and effort from the users. These time and efforts increased by double fold due to intermediary migration.
Reasons for Exchange Migration to Exchange 2019
With the newest version, Exchange stops its support for the older versions leading to bugs and security issues. Furthermore, Exchange Server 2019 comes with a handful of improvements and advancements few of which are:
- MetaCache Database (MCDB)
MetaCache feature has made the Exchange database engine capable of supporting larger disks. (JBODs up to 16 TB.)
- Dynamic Database Cache (DDC)
Till Exchange 2016, Exchange used to allow the same cache memory to each Exchange database, but now, more cache memory will be given to the active databases over passive ones. Therefore whenever failovers occur, the cache memory will automatically re-align itself to the active databases.
- Calendar Improvements & Calendar Management
Exchange 2019 also comes with a handful of improvements and advancements, especially in calendaring:
- Do Not Forward for calendar items: Being a meeting organizer, users can now prevent your attendees from passing on the appointment to other people.
- Better Out of Office (OOF): With only a few clicks, you will be able to block your calendar and cancel all meetings when you are sick.
- Two New Cmdlets:
- Admin can cancel the meetings organized by a user that has left the company using the Remove-calendar events
- The Add-FolderPermissionscmdlet allows Admins to allocate representative permissions through PowerShell.
Preferred Technique for Exchange Migration:
The most Preferred Technique to migrate Exchange 2013 to 2019 is to use the professional Shoviv Exchange Migration tool.
Download the Shoviv Exchange Migration tool, install it on your system, and open it to proceed as described below.
Phase1: Add Exchange 2013 Mailbox
- Step1: click on Add Source from the ribbon bar.
- Step2: choose the Exchange Server Mailbox option from the left pane of the appeared wizard.
- Step3: provide username and password to hit Next.
- Step4: choose the mailboxes that you to migrate and tap Finish.
Phase2: Export to Exchange 2019 Mailbox:
- Step5: now, click on Live Exchange from the ribbon bar.
- Step6: deal with the sub-folders and move on with Next.
- Step7: select the radio button "Fetch all Mailboxes from Active Directory", enter credentials, and hit Next.
- Step9: execute mailbox mapping and then click Next.
- Step10: utilize filters as per the requirement, practice folder mapping, and email translation to click Next.
- Step11: the process will start; you can save the report after its completion and then be required to hit Finish.
Advantages of Using the Shoviv Exchange Migration Tool:
- The tool allows the addition of multiple mailboxes in a row to save the time and effort to add each mailbox individually.
- Users do not need to take care of the data alterations or loss; the tool takes care of the integrity and hierarchy of the users' data.
- It allows users to perform direct Exchange 2013 to 2019 Migration without a need to migrate to 2016 first.
- The Shoviv tool gives users the power of default incremental export, which resumes the interrupted processes automatically from the last step.
- The message class and date-based filters allow users to comfortably filter out the undesirable item(s) from the process.
- Users can perform mailbox and folder mapping tasks on the tool to further the accuracy of the process. The mappings can happen manually or by using CSV files.
- The email translation feature of the tool allows users to deal with canonical email addresses by replacing them with legit.
The Exchange 2019 has come up with new features, and Exchange stops its support for its older versions. Users must look for automated tools to further the effectiveness of the migration and save themselves from putting extra effort and time. Additionally, users can try out the Shoviv Exchange Migration tool in a FREE demo for unbiased evaluation.
No comments yet
Sign In / Sign Up