If you don't know how to Open OST files without Outlook in Windows system you have come to the right article. here you will learn to open OST files through various methods in a detailed step-by-step method.
First, we will talk about OST files Then I will guide you to open OST files without Outlook manually and by using a professional application MSOutlookTools OST Converter.
What are OST Files?
OST files are offline files connected to the Microsoft Exchange server, their main purpose is to save your complete mailbox data and let you access and work it without the internet.
When you get connected to the internet, the OST file updates your Exchange Server and also updates and saves your emails, calendars, contacts, tasks, journals and other additional data.
On the other hand, a PST file is a personal storage that saves your files locally such as calendars, events, journals, notes and many more..
Why are OST Files not Opening in Outlook?
- When the OST file gets corrupt it won't open in Outlook
- OST file won't open in Open in Outlook if your Outlook account gets disconnected from the exchange server
- Incorrect Outlook configuration won't let you open OST file in Outlook
- If your exchange server space gets full it might not open
- Antivirus and third-party plugins can prevent your OST files from opening in Outlook
How to Open OST Files in Outlook manually?
OST files cannot be opened directly in Outlook. If your Exchange account is still connected to the Exchange server, you can open your OST file using the Import/Export Wizard. Let's have a look at the step-wise process of how you can open an OST file in Outlook.
- Open Outlook and select the file option
- Then hit the open & export option on the next page and go to the import/export
- After clicking on export to a file and choosing the next page, a new window will appear
- In that window click on the option Outlook data file and hit the next
- On the new page select a mail account and choose the individual folder one at a time
- Also, select the include subfolder section then you can go on the following process by clicking the next
- In the last section, go to browse and select a new location for the exported file
- Open the browser and you will also see some options. Select the no option to export duplicate files then hit finish.
Limitations of Using Manual Method
You can face many limitations while opening OST files in Outlook, First of all, the process is too lengthy and tiring it is ideal for a few OST files but not ideal for batch.
- You can only open one file at once if you have a large number of files it will be tiring for the file user
- Corrupted files will not open in your outlook
- Files can be repeated and consume your extra time
- Large OST files can crash your Outlook
- It is always troublesome to open orphaned OST files
- An incompatible version of Outlook can also cause problems opening your files
How to Open OST file with a Professional Application
Professional tools are always helpful, You can find a lot of software on the internet but one of the best and most trusted applications is OST to PST Converter, Let's have a look at the process to open an OST file.
- Download your application from the official site
- Install the application and choose your desired language
- Locate your OST file and choose your file in the application
- It will preview your OST files with many options
- Click the export button to begin the process of file conversion
- Hit the export selected to save your OST file in your chosen format
Benefits of Using Professional Application
- Faster the manual method
- Limitless file conversion
- Special features to repair your corrupted files
- Multiple formats to choose
- The application gives you a Preview feature to see your files before conversion
- The application maintains the OST file structure and remains unchanged. Also, PST File Converter offers advanced security to protect the file during the process keywords
- Makes your file handling easy
In this article, I have provided you with all the important information about OST files with the given methods you can easily open OST files in Outlook. But I don't recommend a manual method to open your files.
Because it's too unsafe and can damage your OST files. Professional applications are the best help you can get to manage your OST files with lots of features and an easy-to-use interface, To know more about the software visit the official site.