If you own an Epson printer, you may already be familiar with Epson error code 0x97. Several internal components or motherboards may cause this Epson error code.
Hence, you may not be able to print and complete your critical tasks due to this issue. Your printer may also turn off and on if this happens.
A simple solution and straightforward methods may solve this problem. So, we will discuss how to fix error code 0x97 on the Epson printer with those solutions.
What Is Epson Error Code 0x97?
The Epson brand is one of the most reliable printers on the market today. In addition to its ease of use and numerous advantages, Epson Printer users say it is affordable.
Generally, Epson printers produce the expected results and are reliable. Occasionally, you may encounter problems, such as Epson error 0x97.
Why Does the Error Code 0x97 On Epson Occur?
It is a common printer error that causes your printer to constantly turn on and off for a variety of reasons, such as Epson error 0x97. Also, you cannot use your printer in any way.
Common Causes of Error 0x97:
Here are a few reasons why Epson Error Code 0x97 occurs:
- Most commonly, this error occurs when a motherboard fails.
- Another cause may be a dirty printhead, a dusty printer, or jammed paper.
- Further, a hardware failure can also cause code 0x97.
- Additionally, issues may arise from clogged Epson nozzles.
Further, the error could have occurred due to internal issues. This includes damaged internal components. Additionally, a jammed paper can also result in Epson Printer Error 0x97.
How To Fix Error Code 0x97 On Epson Printer
Several simple steps can be taken to resolve the Epson error. Here are the instructions for downloading the 0x97 repair patch. There are several solutions that will quickly fix your device.
Try the Printer Troubleshooter
Microsoft Printer Troubleshooter can help you fix error 0x97. Microsoft Printer Troubleshooter helps users fix printing issues.
Microsoft's website provides a troubleshooter. To download it, you can visit the official website. Moreover, you can choose your Epson printer model. Follow the on-screen instructions after you launch the tool.
- Go to Microsoft's official support website in your preferred browser.
- Next, click "Download and Run Troubleshooter" on the screen.
Restart Your Computer
Whenever an error occurs, you must reboot your machine before proceeding to the next step. You can usually fix any problems with a simple restart.
Reboot your computer and try printing again to see if the error persists. In case of an error, proceed to the next step. Follow the instructions below and restart your computer.
It may help to unplug and reconnect the Epson printer power cable to resolve the problem. It is also possible to remove printer cartridges afterward.
- The power button on your printer will turn it off. Look for all cables connected to your Epson printer and to your computer. Remove the USB cables if you see them.
- Firstly, check your Epson printer for paper jams.
- Next, remove the ink cartridge carefully.
- Make sure there is no paper jam inside your printer and the ink cartridge has been replaced.
- Lastly, power on your printer and connect all the power cables.
- Check if the code 0x97 error has been fixed with a test print.
Update the Printer Driver
A bad printer driver or an outdated one can result in printer error 0x97. Keeping an Epson printer's driver up-to-date is essential. Below are steps for updating Epson printer drivers.
- Run the command line and type "devmgmt. MSC" in the run box.
- Select “Printers” or “Print Queues,” right-click on your printer, click “Update Driver,” and then click on “Search automatically for drivers.”
- Wait for the Device Manager to find your printer's drivers. You can also find the latest drivers on the official website.
Clean the Epson Printer Head
A damp, lint-free cloth or a clean paper towel can also fix this Epson issue. Clogged printheads, foreign objects, or paper jams can cause errors. In addition, you can check your print head with this method. Additionally, you can check for dried ink on the head sprayer.
To begin the cleaning process, stop printing altogether before you begin. To turn off your Epson printer, press the power button.
Check the Printer Casing
Using a damp tissue, remove any unwanted materials trapped inside your printer head. After the device has dried completely, it can be reassembled before restarting.
- Turn off your Epson printer. Take out the power cord.
- Next, open your printer carefully.
- Wipe your printer's internal hardware and the parts you have removed with clean, wet tissue.
- Let the components dry for at least 10 minutes.
- As soon as all the components have dried, reinstall them.
- Afterward, plug your printer in.
- Verify that the error code 0x97 has finally been resolved.
Check if There Are Clogged Ink Cartridges
Moreover, Epson error code 0x97 may occur when the ink cartridges of your printer become clogged. As a result, your print head may perform less effectively. Please inspect all of the cartridges and clean them, if necessary. In this case, it is considered an internal hardware failure. Consequently, you can also solve this problem "internally".
Here are steps you can follow to determine if you have clogged nozzles. Depending on your Epson printer's model, these steps may vary.
- Using the "Home" button on your Epson printer, select "Setup." Then, choose "Maintenance" and "Printhead nozzle check.”
- A page will now print with four colored grids that show if the nozzle is clogged.
- Lines that look faint or have gaps indicate clogging. Start nozzle cleaning by selecting "Clean the printhead". Otherwise, it should be fine.
- Wait until the nozzle cleaning process is complete before using the printer.
At the End:
Nevertheless, you can contact the experts if you have tried all the fixes mentioned above but still get a persistent Epson Error Code 0x97. They can also guide you if you need assistance on Epson Printer Error Code 0x9a.