QuickBooks is a widely used application in the accounting world. It is quite popular among business companies as it provides multiple features to its users. But, just like any other online application, QuickBooks also has gaps and loopholes in the coding which cause errors. One of which is QuickBooks Error 15106.
QuickBooks Error 15106 occurs when the user tries to update the application or the Payroll. The error message displays as “Error 15106: The update program is damaged, or Error 15106: the update program cannot be opened.” We will further talk about the possible causes and solutions to troubleshoot this error. However, you can contact our support team if you have any queries.
Possible Causes for the QB 15106 Error:
There could be various reasons for the occurrence of the QB15106 error. Down below we have tried to cover all the possible causes for the 15106 error in QuickBooks.
- Corrupt file: The QuickBooks installation file is either damaged or corrupt, leading to errors in the system.
- Antivirus software: You have an antivirus program on your computer which considers the QuickBooks installation file as a threat to the device, hence, creating a hindrance in the QuickBooks' smooth running.
- Permission denied: The user has not given the required permission and administrative rights to the application for its smooth functioning.
- High Account Control Settings: Windows account control settings are set to high, hence causing QuickBooks to show errors while updating.
Solutions to Troubleshoot the 15106 Error in the QuickBooks Application:
Now that you know what causes the 15106 error in the QuickBooks application, let’s look at the troubleshooting methods to fix this.
Also See: QuickBooks multi-user mode not working
Method 1: Log in as an Administrator
- Click on the Start button and select the ‘Control Panel or press Ctrl + R to open the Run windows and type Control panel and hit ‘Enter’
- Choose ‘User account and Family safety’ and select ‘User account.’ Now choose ‘Manage another account and enter the admin password if asked.
- Just below the name, you will find the account type. If your account type is ‘Administrator’ then you can proceed to the next method. If not, then you need to ask the IT administrator of your company to assign administrative rights to you.
Method 2: Update QuickBooks
- Open the QuickBooks application and under the ‘Help’ tab go to the ‘Update’s option and select ‘Mark all.’ Save the settings and go to the ‘Update now tab.
- Select the ‘Reset Update Now’ box and click on ‘Get Updates.’
Also Read: QuickBooks online keeps freezing
Method 3: Repair the QuickBooks Installation File
- Open the Run windows by pressing Control + R. Type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and press Enter. Now in the installed programs list, click on the ‘Uninstall or change a program' option and select QuickBooks.
- Choose Change / Remove and click on Next. Select the ‘Repair’ option and choose ‘Next.’
- The QuickBooks will start repairing the 15106 error or any other error creating issues in the functioning of the application.
In this blog, we have thrown light on the possible causes of QuickBooks Error 15106 and what you can do to resolve this error. We hope that the methods mentioned in this blog will help you eradicate this error completely. However, if you need any help you can dial +1-855-856-0042 for assistance.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 350