The QuickBooks file monitoring service also called the QBCFMonitorService, is required to run the company files smoothly. This service needs to be running correctly to ensure that users are able to access their company data in QB. When there are issues with the same, it can lead to the QBCFMonitorService Not Running On This Computer error. The QBCFMonitorService has stopped responding issue can be easily eliminated by using the solutions provided below.
If you are having trouble understanding the terminating steps or resolving the error message on your own, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 to get direct assistance from our team of QB experts.
Possible Factors to Trigger the QBCFMonitorService Not Running Issue
If your QBCFMonitorService keeps stopping, the following common reasons and causes might be responsible –
- QuickBooks is not correctly set up on the server PC, which is causing issues in running the monitor service and accessing the company file.
- The QBCFMonitorService is not running correctly, and the service might be missing, turned off, or unresponsive in the system.
- Windows firewall or 3rd party applications are blocking QuickBooks from connecting with the company file, which is triggering the monitor service issues.
- There are Windows registry issues in your system, and the registry files might be accidentally deleted, missing, or damaged.
- The QB multi-user mode is not set up correctly or is misconfigured, which is causing accessibility issues in the application.
Recommended to read: How to Resolve Quickbooks Backup Failed
Easy Solutions to Terminate the QBCFMonitorService is Unresponsive Error
If you are getting the QBCFMonitorService failed problems, you need to use the solutions provided below –
Solution 1 – Scan the System for Malware Infections by Running the Monitor Service Again
- You can address the QBCFMonitorService won’t start error by scanning the system for malware infections.
- Copy the QBCFMonitorService.exe file and paste it onto your desktop to go to the Virus Total option and select the Choose File option.
- Now, select the monitor service and click on Start Scan to initiate the system scan process, and select Fix.
- Lastly, download the file and run it to detect and fix the virus infections that are causing the company file issues.
Recommended to read: How to Fix QuickBooks Not Responding
Solution 2 – Edit the Hosting Setup to Reconfigure the QB Hosting Mode on your Workstations
- You need to edit the hosting settings on the server to ensure that the application is running in the correct hosting mode.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and click the File menu to head over to the Utilities menu, and click on Host Multi-User Access.
- Click Yes on the confirmation box and make sure you are activating the hosting on the server PC only, followed by accessing the workstations.
- Open QuickBooks and go to the File tab to switch to the single-user mode by selecting the Stop Multi-User Access option, followed by rerunning QB.
The QBCFMonitorService Not Running On This Computer error can be easily resolved by using the solutions given above. If the error code remains unresolved, you can call us at 1-855-856-0042 to get direct assistance from our QB technicians.
Also read this blog: Use QuickBooks Data Migrations Services For Safe Migration