Are you looking for the perfect way that can help you to enhance the performance of your Netgear wireless router? Nodding your head in yes? Well then, know that performing Netgear router firmware update by using the routerlogin credentials is all that you need to take the performance of your networking device to another level.
Now, the question arises, how to execute the Netgear router firmware update process? We have that answered in this article as well. Simply walk through the guidelines highlighted below and gain an understanding of how to upgrade the firmware to its latest version.
Netgear Router Firmware Update via Manual Method
Here is the first method through which you can use to upgrade the firmware of your Netgear router. To understand in detail how to do what is needed, go through these steps:
- Plug your Netgear router into a working electrical socket.
- Find the power button on it and press it.
- Let the LED light glow. The process might take a couple of seconds.
- After that, connect the networking devices.
- You can do the honors with the aid of a wired source of connection.
- Switch on your computer or laptop.
- Make your way to the address bar of your browser and enter routerlogin.net.
- Pressing the Enter key on your keyboard will take you to the login window.
- There, you have got to enter the password and username.
- Click on the Log In button.
- In the blink of an eye, the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard will appear.
- Select Advanced > Administration.
Note: In case you own an old version of the Netgear router, then the option will appear somewhat like Settings > Administration. Do not get confused between the two.
- Enter the model number of your networking device.
- Click on the Router Update button.
- The firmware of your router will start getting updated.
Once the process gets completed, your Netgear router will reboot. It is recommended that you do not interrupt the process. Otherwise, you will come across the Netgear router firmware update failure issue.
Netgear Router Firmware Update via Nighthawk App
This method is especially for those users who do not have a computer or laptop at home. In case, you are one of them, it is advised that you walk through the instructions given in this section to upgrade the networking device:
- Unlock your mobile device.
- Go to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- In the search bar, type Netgear Nighthawk app.
- You can also type Netgear app or Nighthawk app. It hardly matters.
- Tap on the Search icon.
- In no time, a list will appear with some results.
- From there, choose the Nighthawk app.
- Tap on the Download button.
- Depending on the speed of your internet, the application will get installed.
Note: Avoid performing background activities on your mobile device while the application is getting installed. It might disrupt the process and prevent the app from getting installed.
- On your mobile device, launch the app.
- You will be asked to create an account.
- Do so with the help of your full name, email address, and password.
- Thereafter, log in using the default admin username and password of the router.
- Tap on the Log In button.
- You will get visited by the BASIC Home screen.
- Access the Router Settings option.
- Tap on the Check for Updates button.
- In case any firmware update is available, hit Router Update.
- Wait for some time.
Before you can even comprehend what is about to happen, the firmware of your Netgear wireless router will get upgraded to its latest version. Now, you can enjoy an enhanced performance of your networking device.
As mentioned above, updating the firmware of your Netgear wireless router is important if you want to gain access to its improved performance. Let us hope that after walking through the guidelines given above, you will be able to execute the Netgear router firmware update process in a hassle-free manner.
If you want to know more about what updating your device will do, consider referring to the information given in the user manual. Whether you have done Netgear AC1750 setup or installed any other router in your home, you will find everything in its manual.
No comments yet
Sign In / Sign Up