The Roadrunner (Spectrum) Email Server Settings
Just like any other technical thing, the settings for RR are also very systematic. When it comes to the Roadrunner Email Settings, the main two components are POP and IMAP. You'll need either of the two to configure the email on any third-party mail application. It can be either Outlook, Thunderbird, or any other one. These settings are also helpful in configuring your mails on other devices such as smartphones, tablets, iPads, and many more.
You can set up your mail account on your mail application with the help of the steps mentioned below:
1. Firstly, you will need to open your mail application. It could be either Outlook, Thunderbird, or any other one. In the next step, go to the section “My Account.”
2. Secondly, select the option “Add Account” and then click on the “Email” icon.
3. At this stage, enter your Roadrunner email address and the password in the respective fields. After that, you can skip the option automatically configure account and then press “Next.”
4. Lastly, you will require to enter your email server settings manually.
We have explained in the next section very briefly. Then, it will help you to choose the Roadrunner mail settings using the server IMAP or POP3.
Manual Roadrunner Email Server Settings Instruction Guide
Roadrunner Email Settings (IMAP Server)
To set up the Roadrunner IMAP Server, follow the steps given below:
1. At first, you'll need to open the email application on your system.
2. In the second step, you would have to enter your Roadrunner email credentials. These should be your email address and password.
3. Now, you will need to choose the manual setup option and then uncheck it from “Automatically Configuration.”
4. All there is left to do is selecting the IMAP server settings for the Roadrunner email. Follow the configuration given below:
Step 1. Select the Account Type “IMAP”
Step 2. Incoming Server: mail.twc.com
Step 3. Incoming mail server port: 143
Step 4. Select the Security Type: SSL/TLS
Step 5. Outgoing Server: mail.twc.com
Step 6. Outgoing Mail Server Port: 587
Step 7. Security Type: None
Step 8. Insecure Port: None
Step 9. Type Roadrunner email id in the email field
Step 10. Uncheck Option: Secure Server
Step 11. Uncheck Option: Verified Certificate
Step 12. Now, enter the complete Roadrunner email and password. Once you are done, press the “Next.”
Step 13. You'll have to come up with an account name. It should be the one which you would want to appear on the screen on your computer system.
Step 14. After you have done everything, click on the option “Done.”
Hence, these are the Roadrunner IMAP server settings with the help of which you could configure your email account on any of the mail applications.
Roadrunner Email Settings (POP Server Settings)
You will need to follow the steps given below for Roadrunner email POP settings -
1. The first step of the process will require you to open Roadrunner webmail on the device. Then, you would need to select “Settings.”
2. Now, you will need to go to the manual server settings and, after that, choose the POP Settings.
3. We will recommend you to make the account type POP.
4. You will see that the incoming mail server would be mail.twc.com
5. The incoming server port type would be POP3, and the port number would be 995.
6. Security type: None
7. Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) would be mail.twc.com
8. The Outgoing server port would be 587.
9. You will need to choose the Security Type again as “None.”
10. Nearing the final step of the entire process, for the incoming and outgoing username, you will need to enter your complete email id, which should be followed by your email password.
11. Lastly, hit on the “Done.” With this, your Roadrunner email POP server settings will have been successfully configured.
Mail Settings in Windows Live Mail Account Through the POP Setup:
Roadrunner mail server settings for Windows Live Mail Account are as followed:
1. First things first, you'll need to click on the Microsoft email file button. After that, you will need to follow the process further by clicking on ‘Add Account.’
2. In the second step, you will need to click on “Manually Configure Server Settings.” You would have to do this as the Roadrunner email needs a manual server configuration.
3. Continuing with the next course of action, you will see that you will have to enter your name in the section “email name” and your complete email address in the username section. Follow the same to place your email password.
4. Now, you will have to click on the account type option and then select the POP3 Server. You could enter the mail.twc.com as both for the incoming server domain and the outgoing server domain as well.
5. Finally, you will need to click on the finish button. This will help you to configure the email on Microsoft. Once you have done this, you'll see that all your roadrunner mail messages will start getting downloaded in your Microsoft mail.
POP Settings for Roadrunner Mail Setup - iPad or iPhone
1. Firstly, you will need to choose the email settings. You can do this from the drop-down menu. Just scroll and then select the mail, contacts, and calendars.
2. Now, you will need to add to the account and then click on the email provider.
3. Soon, you will see that there will be an Add Account. After that, you will need to click on the other email providers.
4. Now, you will need to enter your correct login credentials. You can do so so by entering your name, email id, and password.
5. After that, you will see that you will require configuring the POP server settings for the email.
6. From the list, you will need to select the POP3 Server. Along with that, you will need to configure the outgoing email setup.
7. At this stage, you will be ready to tap save and then select your email settings on the next screen.
8. After you have scroll down the outgoing email server for SMTP, you will have to select the mains server as SMTP in mobile settings. Remember that you will have to enter the server port as 25.
9. Tap on done when you are done.
10. In the last step, we will recommend you restart your iPhone. This will be to ensure that you have completed the setup configuration properly.
Setting Up Roadrunner Email With The Help of POP Setup on Android Phone:
1. At the first step, you will need to launch the email application. After that, you will need to enter your roadrunner email address and then tap on the next.
2. In the second step, select the POP3 settings for an Android phone. Following the next course of action, you will need to type the Roadrunner password and click on the next.
3. Now, define the username password server port. And then do the same to the outgoing Server. Doing this will help you to configure the roadrunner email on the POP3 setup.
4. On a very similar note, ensure that you follow the same kind of steps for configuring the outgoing POP3 setup. Again, this will be highly beneficial for you to send and receive emails smoothly and efficiently.
What you may not know about the POP server is that it is an in-built server. It is responsible for supporting the incoming flux of all the emails through the Roadrunner email in large volumes. One of the most important reasons to adopt this server type is that it is exceptionally cost-effective and reliable. Along with that, it will also allow you to set up the Roadrunner email on various platforms like Microsoft mail and gmail.com.
The only thing which acts negatively as a drawback for the Roadrunner email or the POP server is that you will need to delete all your unwanted mails and keep clearing your inbox constantly. This will be a required step from your side as it will help you create storage space. Ensuring that your email storage always has some amount of space will help you prevent all the problems when sending and receiving emails because of having a full inbox.
To talk about the POP server, it is considered as the backbone of the Roadrunner email settings. It lets you have an experience of a seamless and smooth email service all the time. As mentioned and discussed in this guide, the server setting will help you make efficient and effective use of Roadrunner mail on any device of your choice. But, if you happen to face any issues related to the mail configuration of your email, then do not hesitate to contact Roadrunner support on their official website. We wish you all the very best!