In the present day, email is a prominent part of business communication. Organizations reach out to their customers through email. Similarly, the QuickBooks Desktop also uses email as a platform to connect with its consumers. However, you might face the ‘QuickBooks outlook is not responding’ error. Incurring such a problem can not only affect the functioning of QB but also hamper the user experience. So, let us look into this blog and gather some essential info about the issue. You must ensure to give this article a complete read.
If you want any instant guidance when your email stops responding in QuickBooks Desktop, give us a call at Toll-Free +1-888-704-1357 and speak to one of our pro advisors.
Why Does Your QuickBooks Email Stop Functioning?
Check out the following reasons in order to understand the factors that give rise to the issue. Although there are plenty of reasons, we have mentioned the most usual ones-
- You might encounter the error if the version of QuickBooks Desktop installed on your device has been damaged.
- If the email preferences of Internet Explorer are not to the point, you might come up with the problem.
You may also read:- QuickBooks Error 3371
For troubleshooting methods, proceed further and perform each step appropriately.
Top Two Appropriate Debugging Methods to Perform When QuickBooks Desktop Email Stops Working
In this section of the blog, we have explained two ways that will help you eliminate the error successfully. Go through both solutions precisely-
SOLUTION 1: Repair Your Damaged QuickBooks Application to Resolve the Error
- In the first step, you must make sure that none of the applications are currently working. If you are using any, exit it.
- Now, tap on the Windows ‘Start’ button.
- Go to Control Panel, and then opt for the ‘Programs and Features’ option.
- After a list of programs appears, locate and tap on the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Further, hit the ‘Uninstall/Change’ option.
- To proceed, click on the ‘Continue’ button and then ‘Next’.
- In the final step, fix the QuickBooks software by hitting ‘Repair’.
- After it is done, choose the ‘Finish’ button and then reboot the device.
Also read this short guide on how to remove QuickBooks unrecoverable error
SOLUTION 2: Check For the Email Preference Settings in Internet Explorer
- If QuickBooks is running on your Windows, then quit it.
- Next, go to Internet Explorer and then tap on the Gear icon.
- Under the icon, hit ‘Internet Options’.
- In the following window, move to the ‘Programs’ tab.
- Tap on the ‘Set Default’ option and then on the ‘Set your Default Program’ link.
- Now, on the left side of the screen, choose ‘Outlook’ and opt for the ‘Set this Program as Default’ option.
- After tapping on the ‘OK’ button, quit Internet Explorer and then see if you are able to send an email or not.
After reading this blog, you must have gathered some relevant details about the The troubleshooting methods we have described here have been experimented with by our technical experts. However, in some cases, the issue might not disappear. In that situation, we suggest you immediately have a one-to-one conversation with the team of certified professionals through our Toll-Free +1-888-704-1357 Our team will guide you till you rectify the error.
Read more:- how to eliminate the loop 'this company file needs to be updated'
Also, go through these short guides: