Summary: Do you want to backup Google Drive to external hard drive and look for genuine and authentic solutions to do this? Then this article will guide you on how to backup Google Drive to external hard drive with a manual and automated Google Drive Backup Tool.
If you are using Gmail, then you are aware of Google Drive. Your emails, photos, documents, images, links, movies, and a variety of other data are stored there. It allows you to store 15 GB of data for free. However, there is one shortcoming with this Google Drive: you can only access it online. Therefore, many users want to transfer files between Google Drive accounts or save their Google Drive data locally. So, in the following section, we will discover the methods for backup Google Drive to external drive.
Manual Ways to backup Google Drive to External Hard Drive
Below are the possibilities for saving Drive data locally. Choose the best one for you and proceed.
Method 1: Download Google Drive Data Locally
This method is helpful when you have a large amount of data on your drive and want to save it all at once.
Steps to transfer Google Drive to external hard drive
- Access your Google Drive in your existing system.
- Select the data using the Shift key, or if you wish to save the complete data at once, use Shift + A.
- After selecting the data, right-click on it.
- Then choose the Download option from the list of options.
- It will start preparing a zip file of your Google Drive data.
- Decide the name and destination for the resultant file.
- Navigate to the location where you saved your resultant file.
- Lastly, unzip this file and extract the data from Google Drive.
Following the above steps, it will start to download from Google Drive to an external hard drive. If you believe this method does not suit you, take the next alternative.
Method 2: Backup Google Drive to external hard drive via Google Takeout
This process can run through three stages. You must first launch the Google Takeout application before employing this technique.
Google Takeout is the application provided by Google that allows you to take a backup of all your Google applications.
Take the below steps to Move Google Drive to external drive
- Access your Gmail account and move to the Google app section.
- Choose accounts under the app section.
- Navigate to the Download Your Data in the Data and privacy app.
- The last step will take you to the Google Takeout page.
- From there, choose the Drive option to export.
- Next, choose the saving destination for the resultant file and File type.
- Following, click on the Export button.
In this way, you can backup Google Drive to external drive.
Despite the fact that these are built-in Google backup functions, users have reported having to wait up to four days in many cases. In this case, users may face difficulty accessing the data. In this situation, if you have a professional tool, you can secure your Google Drive data in just a few minutes.
Backup Google Drive to External Hard Drive in No Time
Google Drive Migration Tool is a feature-rich tool that saves Google Drive locally or on a hard drive in just a few steps. Additionally, the tool allows you to save your Google Drive data to One Drive and another Google Drive. Moreover, you also should not possess the technical expertise to run this advanced utility. The actions to take are listed below.
The article in the overhead provides you with the best and most authentic ways to backup Google Drive to external hard drives. This article also includes manual methods for completing this task, but they take a long time to complete. Professional software, on the other hand, is loaded with cutting-edge features. Users can benefit from this advanced tool and save Google Drive data locally as well as to another Google Drive or One Drive.
Sign In / Sign Up