Linksys RE6500 setup using extender.linksys.com is more accessible regardless of whether you are a new user or an old user. The Linksys extender setup RE6500 requires you to get access to your device and configure its wireless settings. The Linksys extender setup can be executed through the web interface and the WPS button.
So what does it mean to set up your range extender? Basically, it is all about configuring your extender’s network settings with your router’s network. Both devices need to be paired with each other in order to have an extended network across our home or office.
This post discusses how to setup Linksys RE6500 WiFi extender to eliminate those dead corners or zones from your house.
Linksys extender setup RE6500 - web interface
First of all, we will learn how to setup Linksys RE6500 range extender using the web interface. The web interface is all about the web-based GUI (graphical user interface) that can be accessed with extender.linksys.com.
- Firstly, the range extender needs to be plugged into the power outlet.
- Secondly, turn on the range extender and connect it to your PC or mobile.
- You can use both wireless or wired methods to connect your PC to the extender’s network.
- After that, launch an internet browser on your device.
- Type the default web address http://extender.linksys.com
- Now, the extender.linksys.com RE6500 login page will appear.
- Enter the username and password of your extender and click Submit.
- After that, start with the Linksys RE6500 setup wizard.
- Scan for your home network and connect to it using the wifi key.
- Walk through the instructions and finalize the Linksys extender setup.
- At last, your device will restart. Now, you need to unplug the device and place it anywhere.
NOTE - We recommend you place the extender in an area where your main router’s network could not reach.
Linksys extender setup RE6500 - WPS button
Setting up the Linksys range extender through the WPS method is very easy. However, you need to ensure both your devices i.e., the extender and router support the WPS button. In case your router does not support the WPS button, kindly proceed with setting up your device using the web interface.
- Locate the WPS button on your range extender.
- Press and hold the WPS button on your Linksys WiFi range extender.
- Now, within 2 minutes, press and hold the reset button on your existing router.
- Allow both devices a few minutes to set up.
- This will take at least 2 minutes to get completed.
Now that the devices are configured to each other through the WPS button, you can place your extender anywhere in your home.
So that was all about the Linksys RE6500 setup. We hope you liked this post and it helped you learn how to setup Linksys RE6500 extender with your main router’s network. In case you encounter any issues while attempting to set up a Linksys range extender, kindly get in touch with our support team. Our team will get back to you with a prompt resolution.