Depending on your requirements and intended application, this post will cover three different Wavlink Aerial HD2 outdoor extender setup AC600 methods.
- Bridge, LAN
The Wavlink Aerial HD2 Outdoors Extender is a dual-band wifi range extender. Because of its high-power amplifier technology, your location's dead zone is eliminated.
The fastest setting of the Wavlink Aerial HD2 AC600 allows for speeds of up to 600 megabits per second. On this page, we'll walk you through the Wavlink Aerial HD2 Outdoor Extender setup and Wavlink AC600 setup.
Wavlink Aerial HD2 AC600 Extender in Repeater Mode
Setting up your outdoor extender in repeater mode is one of the easiest setting procedures.
For Wavlink Aerial HD2 outdoor extender setup in repeater mode, follow the steps given below:
- A power supply must initially be connected to the Aerial HD2 POE connector.
- As soon as the AC600 receives a strong green signal, connect the POE's Ethernet connection to the extender.
- Laptops, phones, and other wirelessly capable devices should be removed from the vicinity.
- Moreover, look in the wireless settings menu for the WAVLINK-N network.
- Open an Internet Explorer-compatible web browser after connecting to the default network. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari are the three alternatives.
- Now type ap.setup or 192.168.10.1.
- You have arrived at the Wavlink Aerial HD2 outside extender configuration page.
- To log in, use the default password of "admin".
- You have now successfully set up the extender to function as a repeater on your current WiFi network.
You cannot connect any cables from the POE to the primary router or modem if you wish to utilise your extender as a repeater.
Wavlink outdoor WIFI extender setup in router mode ?
Wavlink Aerial HD2 outdoor extender setup in router mode by first doing the following:
- To begin, connect the Wavlink AC600 connection (POE) box to an electrical outlet.
- The POE box's Ethernet cable should be linked to the Aerial HD2 extender.
- Using the same connection box, connect the other Ethernet wire to your primary router or modem.
- Join any of your wirelessly capable devices to the WAVLINK-N network right now.
- After connecting, open a web browser and go to wifi.wavlink.com.
- This page allows you to configure the AC600 outdoor extender.
- Sign in with the "admin" default password.
- Give your booster a unique name and select the "Router" option.
- Set the security to WPA2-PSK from none ( recommended ). Then, enter your extender's password and click "Continue."
- The Wavlink outside extender has now been successfully configured in router mode.
If you have any difficulties while setting up your Wavlink wifi extender. For free assistance, please contact our technical specialists at our toll-free hotline or through live chat.
Wavlink AC600 firmware update
To resolve any issues (such as not providing the needed speed or whatever else) that you may encounter when using your extender, you must upgrade the firmware on your Wavlink AC600. It has additional security safeguards as well as other new features that will assist you in resolving your issues.
To upgrade the firmware on your Wavlink AC600, follow the steps below:
- Your Wavlink Aerial HD2 is now operational.
- Choose any smartphone.
- Go to Ap.setup.
- After you've chosen your preferences, click on the firmware upgrade button.
- To finish the firmware upgrade operation, follow the instructions.
- During the one-minute delay, do not unplug the booster.
How can I reset my Wavlink Aerial HD2 AC600 wifi extender?
If you lose your admin username or password and wish to regain it, you must do a factory reset on your booster. When you reset the Wavlink AC600, it will erase all of your personal data, including passwords, usernames, and SSIDs, to prepare the extender for a new setup process. To complete the factory reset method, a hard pointed instrument, such as a paper clip or a needle, is required.
To reset the Wavlink AC600 Aerial HD2, perform the following steps:
- Attach a power source to your Wavlink AC600.
- Find the factory reset button beneath a little hole.
- It was located on the repeater's side panel.
- With a paperclip, press the reset button for 8 to 10 seconds.
- It will automatically restart in a little while.
- Using your extender, you can now begin the new installation procedure.
If you still need help with your Wavlink Aerial HD2 outdoor extender setup, please contact us via our toll-free phone or live chat.We are always willing to assist you and find a solution.