Are you a gamer looking for the best smartphone to cater to your budget and your gaming needs? There are tons of options out there, each with their strengths and weaknesses, so it is tough to choose one. But don’t worry because, in this article, we’re going to look at the Top 5 Best Gaming Smartphones available on the market today. We made this list based on our own opinion, research and customer reviews.
We’ve considered their quality, features, and values when narrowing down the best choices possible. If you want more information and updated pricing on the products mentioned, be sure to check the links in the description box below. So let’s get started with the Top 5 Best Gaming Smartphones.
5. Xiaomi Black Shark SKR-H0
If you are on a budget and are looking for a device that has powerful internals alongside a decent display, then the Xiaomi Black Shark might be perfect for you. It offers a Snapdragon 845 water-cooling system and a metal case in industrial design. It also carries an optional gamepad where you can add a control stick with tactile buttons without hindering access to the touch screen.
It is custom-designed just for the Black Shark. It’s compact, simple to use, and easy to carry. Physical controllers are better for movement, but touch screens are better for precision aiming. With this device, you can have both!
The pros are:
* Pixelworks. This imaging chipset independently processes clearer, smoother graphics. You’ll get more accurate colors for a more immersed gaming experience; and
* Price: This is one of the cheapest gaming smartphones in the market. Considering all the exclusive technologies and design features it comes with, you’ll get the value for your money.
However, it has no microSD slot, so storage expansion via microSD card is not possible.
While the Xiaomi Black Shark doesn’t feature an enhanced refresh rate like the Razer Phone or Asus ROG Phone, the inclusion of a bespoke controller that works with all Android games should be enough to entice hardcore mobile gamers. It offers great performance, long battery life, and it stands out from the crowd in terms of its gaming laptop-esque design.
4. iPhone XR
If you have money to spare for a premium gaming smartphone, then you might want to consider the iPhone XR. This device features an all-new liquid retina display which has an innovative backlight design that can stretch into the corners so you can be able to see true-to-life color from one edge to the other.
The iPhone XR boasts the A12 Bionic - the most intelligent and powerful chip in a smartphone. It can give you augmented reality experiences with incredible depth control, speed, and fluidity in everything you do.
The pros are:
* Durable front glass: This device features the most durable front glass that you can see on a smartphone. It also has water and dust resistance capacities, perfect for any adventure;
* Advanced Face ID: It has a faster facial ID as compared to other iPhones. You can unlock your phone, log in to apps, and pay for things with a glance.
* The bezels and the cramped feeling of the display might not be the best fit for most mobile games;
* The overall design of the phone is not the most optimal for gaming.
Of course, if we only consider mobile gaming, this phone does seem to lack some vital features in terms of its design. Still, it has the fastest processor Apple has made at that time, and the incredible optimization, paired with the CPU and the processor makes this device a force to be reckoned with.
3. Sony Xperia 1
If you are looking for great graphics and a wide display, then you just found it. The Sony Xperia 1 boasts a 6.5-inch 4K high definition cinema-wide display that can give you a cinematic aspect ratio and accurate color reproduction. With this wide-ratio, you have more screen for better controls. The Sony Xperia 1 also lets you immerse yourself in the game with Dolby sound. It comes with moving audio that flows above and around the environment.
The aptX HD Bluetooth profile means Android fans get outstanding audio quality from their compatible Bluetooth headphones. Cinema-quality sounds come roaring through with fine details preserved. It is aided by Dolby Atmos and DSEE HX, both of which include their own controls for tweaking audio.
The pros are:
* Game Enhancer: This feature optimizes the gaming performance on the device. It allows you to block notifications, enable gameplay recording, and more;
* Powerful Processor: This phone has Qualcomm’s latest CPU and GPU and the fastest download speeds. You can easily catch up with the latest games and trends with Sony Xperia 1!
However, it has no wireless charging. This is a bummer for most people.
Unfortunately, you still need to deal with charging cables with the Sony Xperia 1. But it sure can help level up your gaming experience by giving you the most convenient options possible. It provides smartphone gaming a whole new definition!
2. Razer Phone 2
If you are looking for a smartphone that can handle your work, unleash supreme mobile gaming power, and let you enjoy an unparalleled mobile experience, this is the perfect phone for you. This device comes with massive upgrades, featuring an upgraded processor with vapor chamber cooling, wireless charging, and water-resistance. On top of its excellent gaming performance and amazing built-in speakers, it is also compatible with 2TB microSD cards for extra storage and runs a close-to-stock version of Android.
The Razer Phone 2 features the long-awaited illuminated Razer logo with customizable Razer Chroma RGB lighting. Since your mobile device becomes an extension of your character, you can switch between different colors or select from three different lighting effects to express yourself.
The pros are:
* Wireless charging: It boasts a Wireless Fast Charging technology that gives you full power quickly so you’ll always stay in control for work and play;
* Razer Cortex Mobile: With this app, you can discover a curated list of popular mobile games and utilize the Game Booster software for launching games and optimization. You can quickly tune performance for your mobile games and customize settings such as resolution, frame rate, and CPU clock speeds.
* its battery life may become an issue. Since the advanced features that it offers can be power-hungry, they tend to drain the battery real quick.
* And, unlike its predecessor, it doesn’t undercut the competition in terms of price, making it a tough sell at full price for all but the most diehard mobile gamers and Razer fans.
1. ASUS ROG Gaming Phone II
Asus never fails to give us the best devices for gaming. May it be in the form of smartphones or laptops. If you are looking for a professional gaming experience to play cool, fast, and be in total control, worry no more because the ASUS ROG Gaming Phone II has got you. The ROG Phone II is one of the most powerful phones that you can buy, and it’s easy to see the results of this hardware in action. There’s absolutely no slowdown while using apps and games, and switching between them is nearly instantaneous.
This device gives you what you need to win with Snapdragon 855 Plus, 12GB RAM, a monster 6000 milliampere-hour battery, and the unique GameCool II vapor-chamber cooling system for non-stop, full-speed performance. It also utilizes Air Trigger technology. The advanced architecture reduces the vibration latency and gives you extra-precise ultrasonic touch controls for a console-like button feels.
The pros are:
* Max cooling: It boasts a 3D-designed vapor chamber that is even more effective at removing heat from the phone during full-speed operation. No more uncomfortable feeling, so you could just focus on crushing your enemies;
* Long battery life: This device gives you non-stop gaming power wherever you are. It also features a direct-charging technology that gives it shorter and smarter charge times. You will have more time for gaming, just the way you like it.
However, it doesn’t come cheap. We expected this, right? You won’t get all the best features for a low price. It might cost some extra money, but if you look at all the features that you’ll get to enjoy, you will have the urge to get this smartphone. Whether you are a gamer or not, it’s hard to resist the ROG Gaming Phone II with its exceptional screen, performance, and storage. The best value for money that you can get.
And that completes our list of the best gaming smartphones on the market.